Friday, June 27, 2008

word.

“Nothing is concealed that will not be revealed, nor secret that will not be known. What I say to you in the darkness, speak in the light; what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops" (Matthew 10:26-27).

St. Francis said, "Preach the gospel. If necessary, use words."

It's not easy, but if you say so, okay.

"I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love" (Mother Teresa).

God's love makes us strong. And "I'm strong. Just hurt" (thanks Darryl). But I know the hurt will go away too.

God's love is perfect for me. It surpasses every negative feeling you can think of. My love for him is nowhere near perfect. But the closer I come to that perfection, though I may never attain it on earth, the less hurt I am capable of feeling.

People might come along and ask, "Why bother going for something that you know you'll never get?"

"Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen" (Hebrews 11:1).

If you ask God to bless you, he'll bless you. But it's almost never exactly as you would have it. Our eyes can only be sensitized to our blessings when we believe that God is working in our lives.

No comments: